Friday, January 28, 2011

The Chic Geek: 4eyes 4cheap & Clinique Review!

Who said prescription glasses had to be expensive? I always was so weary of picking out glasses 'cause once you picked 'em out, you're pretty much stuck with them for a couple of years considering they're an expensive piece of necessary eyewear. Even if you wear contacts, you should still have a back up pair. I never understood how the frame ITSELF would be over $100 for a flimsy piece of plastic and then on top of that have to pay PER lens, rindonkulousness. Anyways, I love love love this website and wanted to share it with all of you and I hope you guys find this as useful as I did!






On the my clinique review! Recently I purchased the Clinique's..

All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage


 What is it?


A rollerball used to massage eye area
to refresh eyes and reduce puffiness. It
contains caffeine, anti-oxidants and
soothing botanicals and works on the
spot and over time to refresh your eyes.
It's small and easy enough for travel and
anytime use and can be used over or
under make up or other face treatments.


$26




BEFORE
AFTER

I thought Clinique came up with a really cool concept for de-puffing the airbags but as you can tell from the above, it didn't do jack diddly. If anything, I think it made those baggy buggers even more notice-able then it was before. The rollerball itself is cold, so it gives a nice cold sensation over your eyes for the the first 5 seconds but after that your body heat takes away that effect. I really wanted to love this product because in the morning I know I don't look refreshed, I was hoping it was going to brighten my tired little eyes. Don't waste your time or money on this piece of deuce!





5 comments:

thanks babe ! it sucks that the eye roller didn't work for you! it seems like the whole concept is just a gimmick, i heard you can just use a cold spoon to solve eye-bags ;P

Aww that's a shame it did not work :( I've heard the Garnier one does a better job and doubles up as a concealer too!

What are you depuffing?! Silly girl. You have no puffiness to begin with, maybe that's why there's no after effects hehe. Have you tried the Garnier one? I heard that one's good.

I always thought the roller would help, but I'm thinking not. I would think it would move your skin more than anything which is a big no-no.

I agree on buying drugstore over department store mascaras!

booo to useless products. lol. One I really did like but not sure if they still make it, is the MAC fast response eye cream. It seemed like it really did work for me and de-puffed instantly. And it seemed to smooth my lids out and get it ready for eyeshadow application. Anyway, great review! So I know what not to buy =]